There are four Major Tournaments each year, most are played over 54 holes. Format and guidelines for all Major Tournaments are emailed to all Members in advance of the first day of the Tournament. Special rules for the Tournaments will be published prior to the first day of the tournament.
First round pairings will be by handicap within the flights. Second round pairings will be by low gross score of the first round; third round pairings will be combined low gross scores of rounds 1 and 2. In the event of a tie for the Club Champion, the winner will be determined by a sudden-death play-off. All ties will be paid.
First round pairings will be by handicap within the flights. Second round pairings will be by low net score of the first round, third round pairings will be combined low net scores of rounds 1 and 2. Players will compete in flights with the entire field. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by a sudden-death play-off. All ties will be paid.
• Players will be flighted, 4 to a flight.
• Scoring will be based on the better ball of each hole.
• Within each match, the lowest handicapped player will play at scratch; the higher handicapped player will receive 100% of the difference between their handicap and the scratch player.
• Scoring points will be: Win a hole = +1 point; Tie a hole = +1/2 point for both players; Lose a hole = 0 points.
• Scores will be posted after each round as the actual points earned during that round. No extra points will be given for a win or a tie.
• Players will complete all 18 holes.
• Round #1 (in all flights); Player #1 against Player #4; Player #2 against Player #3.
• Round #2 (in all flights); Player #1 against Player #3; Player #2 against Player #4.
• Round #3 (in all flights); Player #1 against Player #2; Player #3 against Player #4.
• All Scorecards must be signed and attested after each round.
• In the event that an individual cannot play, she will be disqualified. Subsequent and previous opponents will receive "0" points for that match.
• If there is a tie in any flight at the end of all three rounds, the winner will be determined by the results of the individual match between the two players.
• Prizes shall be awarded to the winner and runner-up in each flight.
• USGA and Local Rules will be observed during all rounds of this tournament.
• Handicaps will remain the same throughout all three days of play.
There shall be no more than a 10-stroke handicap differential between partners. The lowest handicapped golfer will play at scratch with the other golfer receiving 100% of the difference between the low handicap golfer's course handicap and her handicap. Scoring will be the best net ball of the competitors on each hole. Scoring will be: Win a hole +1 point; lose a hole 0 points, tie a hole 1/2 point each. Prizes will be awarded to the winner and runner-up in each flight.